Program Management Services
The following is a menu of the program management services offered by AVS to its sponsored topical conferences. A topical conference may choose as many of these items as is necessary to ensure the success of the program; however, please note that your request is contingent upon AVS staff availability and scheduling constraints. Upon review of your selections, an AVS representative will contact you to confirm which services may be provided.
Each service is billed hourly at a rate of $110. The AVS can assist you in estimating how to build these fees into your registration costs. All credit card processing fees, material, design, printing, postage, shipping, and travel costs are the responsibility of the requesting organizers. Billing will occur monthly. For further information or to request these services please contact:
110 Yellowstone Drive, Suite 120
Chico, CA 94973
- Manage registration, including entering attendee information into a database; funds processing and tracking (credit card, wire, check); invoicing as needed; sending visa letters as needed; sending e-mail confirmation; preparing attendee, committee, and speaker badges and receipts; preparing a final attendee list. Note: Credit/Wire processing fees are additional.
Attendee and Exhibitor Onsite Registration (plus travel expenses)
- Manage exhibitor/sponsor registration, including entering exhibitor/sponsor information into a database; funds processing and tracking (credit card, wire, check); invoicing as needed; sending e-mail confirmation; obtaining logos/ads; preparing exhibitor/sponsor badges and receipts; and preparing a final exhibitor/sponsor list. Note: Credit/Wire processing fees are additional—see exhibit/sponsor management for additional options.
- Provide staff member(s) to manage registration and onsite logistics each conference day. Note: Travel expenses are additional.
Site Selection and Negotiation
- Work with program committee to prepare an estimated budget to be presented to the conference organizers.
- Prepare a balance sheet of income versus expenses to be presented to the conference organizers.
Food and Beverage/Audio Visual
- Obtain a list of suitable program sites (hotel, convention center, auditorium, etc.) that can accommodate the meeting, food functions, and equipment exhibition if applicable.
- Work with program committee to select the most appropriate site and negotiate the site selection contract.
- Make arrangements at the selected site for morning and afternoon breaks, lunches, receptions, and audio visual equipment and negotiate the food and beverage/audio visual contracts.
- Make speakers and program committee lunch or dinner arrangements.
- Work with program committee to provide marketing strategy and guidance.
- Prepare and send e-mail announcements (call for papers, preliminary or final program, etc.)
- Create and maintain conference Website. Note: Design fees are additional.
- Create conference/exhibitor/sponsor signage. Note: Design/Printing fees are additional.
- Work with the program committee to create and e-mail an exhibitor/sponsorship invitation to potential exhibitors.
- Prepare an exhibit floor plan working in conjunction with the facility/exhibit services provider.
- Assist with allocating the exhibit space, assigning booth/tabletop numbers, etc.
- Hire/manage an exhibit/services provider (decorator) and assist with all exhibit logistics.
- Assist program committee by sending speaker invitations/acknowledgments and following up on speakers' commitments as needed.
- Manage online abstract submission process including database tracking and sending paper acceptance or rejection letters.
- Handle abstract or program booklet production, including preparing the schedule and arranging for printing and binding of the abstract booklet. Note: Design/Printing/Duplication/Shipping fees are additional.
- Arrange travel and housing reservations for invited speakers and committee members.