Nomination Procedures for Fellow:
- Make sure to read and share with your letter writers: Review the Tips on How to Craft an Effective Nomination and Strong Support Letters
- Review the description qualifications and selection criteria for submitting a nomination for Fellow.
- Examine the Preview of AVS Fellow Nomination Questions of the nomination fields and questions and required support information.
- Answer all of the questions about the nominee in relation to the Fellow criteria on the online submission site under each of the tabs.
- After entering the required information in each tab, the nominator must also upload the following supporting documents to complete the package:
- Three supporting letters from current AVS Platinum members referencing the above criteria 2 pages maximum (font 11 or higher)
- Make sure to read and share with your letter writers: Tips on How to Craft an Effective Nomination and Strong Support Letters
- CV* (PDF Format) which should include education, employment history professional recognition and awards. 5 pages maximum
- Full list of Publications, Patents, and Invited Talks *(PDF)
*It can be effective (not required) to organize the CV and Publication list to highlight topics or areas particularly relevant to the nomination.
All material must be uploaded by the deadline
of March 31 at 11:59 PM ET
. It is the nominator’s responsibility to ensure that all supporting letters and required documents are uploaded by this deadline. No extensions will be granted.
Fellow packages are judged based upon the following criteria:
- Scientific Contribution--The sustained scientific and technical contributions in research, engineering, technical advancement academic education, or managerial leadership for at least ten (10) years
- Professional Service and Contributions to Scientific Community, especially AVS
- Collective Quality of Support Letters
- Nominations Fellows remain active for 2 cycles.
- The candidate for Fellow, the nominating sponsor and the three sponsors MUST BE CURRENT AVS PLATINUM MEMBERS at the time of submission.
- If the nominee is not selected, the nomination will automatically rollover to the next award cycle. However, we do encourage nominators to update the package before the next award cycle.
- After the second award cycle, the nomination will expire and a new nomination package will need to be submitted.
- A Platinum member may nominate or sponsor only one person for Fellow for each annual submission deadline.
- Current members of the Board of Directors and the Awards Committee are not eligible for election.
- Further, no member of the Awards Committee may nominate or support any nomination.
* word versions are available by contacting Angela Klink (email@example.com