AVS National Short Courses not only facilitate student/instructor interactions, but provide networking opportunities with peers. AVS National and AVS Chapter short course programs are scheduled periodically throughout the year (February to June and September to November). Due to COVID-19 AVS has been hosting AVS Online Training opportunities (via the Zoom platform), both public offerings and company groups
Bookmark this page and check back monthly for updated programming. Review the AVS Short Course Catalog
and complete the Courses by Request
form to help us determine what courses to offer in 2022. You will receive short course announcements to help you plan your training needs.
AVS Onsite/Online Short Course training will help your company save time and money by bringing the course to your facility (virtually). We will also work with you to customize our courses to suit your company’s needs. Please review our AVS Short Course Catalog
and complete the Onsite/Online Short Course
training request form to receive a proposal.
AVS Online Training Sponsorship Opportunities for AVS Short Courses, Webinars and e-Talks. Click Here
for more information!
All online events are currently being hosted via the Zoom platform and listed in Eastern Daylight/Standard Time Zone. Please note some events may take place in the timezone of a hosting AVS Chapter. Please refer to the registration site for specific details and always check your time zone accordingly. (Time Zone Converter)
AVS National Online Short Courses
AVS National Short Course Program
- Atomic Layer Etching (Sept. 28, 2022)
- Plasma Etching and RIE: Fundamentals & Applications (1 or 2 day option: Day 1-Fundamentals; Day 2-Applications) (Sept. 29-30, 2022)
- Sputter Deposition (1 day) (Oct. 3, 2022)
- Vacuum System Leak Detection and Basic Troubleshooting (Oct. 4, 2022)
- Controlling Contamination in Vacuum Systems (Oct. 5, 2022)
- Basics of Radio Frequency Technology (1-day) (Oct. 13, 2022)
- Partial Pressure Analysis with Residual Gas Analyzers (Oct. 14, 2022)
AVS Chapter Short Courses
AVS Southern California Chapter Short Course Program (IN PERSON)
DoubleTree by Hilton Buena Park
October 10-12, 2022
- An Overview of Applied Vacuum Technology (Oct. 10-11, 2022)
- Controlling Contamination in Vacuum Pumping Systems (Oct. 12, 2022)
AVS Courses by Request: Please review the AVS Short Course Catalog and complete the Courses by Request form if you would like to see a particular short course offered in 2022. Spring (April-June) and Fall (September to November) short course programs will be posted as they become available.
Questions? Contact Heather Korff, firstname.lastname@example.org, 530-896-0477
AVS Company Training: If you have a group of employees in need of training, please visit the AVS Onsite/Online Training page and complete a request form. Good for larger groups (~10).
For a complete listing of available courses or to learn more about our instructors click: Short Course Catalog or Short Course Instructors.