- Obtain a basic knowledge of various surface conditioning and cleaning technologies used in the manufacture of ICs.
- Learn about the processes and equipment used for wet, plasma, and dry cleaning.
- Receive an overview and comparison of established surface conditioning and cleaning techniques and new technologies. In addition, this course will introduce new technologies such as supercritical fluid processing that may be used for future clean requirement.
- Find out information on specific surface conditioning techniques including critical cleaning, photoresist stripping, and post-CMP cleaning. Discuss techniques such as megasonics, dilute chemistries, and the use of ozone.
- Understand of how the cleans affects low-k dielectrics and copper. Includes cleaning challenges for new materials.
This two-day course provides a working knowledge of surface conditioning and cleaning techniques used in the manufacture of integrated circuits (IC). Fundamentals of the techniques used for cleaning the wafer surface will be discussed. Practical applications and methods for cleaning will be presented
Upon completing this course participants will have an understanding of all types of cleaning processes used in IC manufacturing; surface conditioning for pre-diffusion clean, in particular pre-gate oxide clean, post-etch and post-implant photoresist removal, particle removal, post-CMP clean. Participants will be able to understand the cleaning roadmaps and limitations of clean technologies as the node sizes decrease and should be able to make informed decisions on the surface conditioning and cleaning processes and techniques to utilize for IC manufacturing.
Course Cost: $1020
Who should attend?
The intended audience is any engineer or manager associated with using or supplying clean and contamination free technologies for IC manufacturing. In particular semiconductor manufacturing process engineers, process development engineers, and integration engineers, IC equipment application and process engineers, and IC clean chemical process engineers are the target audience.
Principle Consultant, Cameo Consulting
Technology Consultant, RS Associates