- Learn about the fundamental principles for chemical mechanical planarization (CMP).
- Get to know the state-of-the-art dielectric and metallic CMP processes and the advanced applications for CMP in manufacturing.
- Find out about the equipment and consumables utilized in CMP.
- Understand the current advantages and limitations of CMP and the present techniques for process control and characterization of CMP in a manufacturing environment.
- Know the multidisciplinary engineering approach to effective use of CMP.
CMP is an enabling technology for the microelectronics industry. It has developed into an integral component of the design, development, and integration of process modules necessary to manufacture and yield of cost-effective and/or leading-edge products.
This course will discuss the engineering science and fundamental principles necessary to effectively utilize CMP. Emphasis will be on the empirical nature of CMP and how it bridges many engineering fields for resolution of its numerous challenges. The evolution and revolution of CMP equipment and consumables will be presented. The merits of various characterization techniques for process development and control will be presented, and the advantages and limitations of CMP processes for advanced microelectronics applications will be analyzed.
Course Cost: $790
Who should attend?
Scientists, engineers, technicians, and others who want an introduction to or refresher course on the fundamental principles and applications of CMP.
Consultant, Innovative Materials Group, Inc.