- Learn the fundamentals of ALD: basic principle, advantages and limitations
- Understand where ALD may be used and why it is an increasingly important deposition technique for microelectronics
- Learn the key aspects of ALD reactors
- Learn why precursor chemistry is in a central role in ALD process design
- Learn how ALD processes are characterized
- Know the current trends in ALD process development and applications
This course develops an understanding of the atomic layer deposition (ALD) method by starting from the basics and proceeding to the state-of-the-art of this rapidly developing technique. It emphasizes the issues which differentiate ALD from the otherwise closely related CVD, i.e. precursor chemistry and reactor design.
The current status of ALD is introduced by examining the processes and application areas. Challenges for the future development are outlined as well.
Surface chemistry is in a central role in ALD processes, and therefore its thorough understanding is vital for both process control and design of new processes. The various approaches to analysing the ALD process chemistry are surveyed.
Course Cost: $690.00
Who should attend?
Engineers and scientists who want an introduction to ALD or to broaden or update their knowledge of the increasingly important field of ALD.
Academy Researcher, University of Helsinki, Finland