Program Management Services
The following is a menu of the program management services offered by AVS to its sponsored topical conferences. A topical conference may choose as many of these items as is necessary to ensure the success of the program; however, please note that your request is contingent upon AVS staff availability and scheduling constraints. Upon review of your selections, an AVS representative will contact you to confirm which services may be provided.
Each service is billed hourly at a rate of $85. The AVS can assist you in estimating how to build these fees into your registration costs. All material, printing, travel costs are the responsibility of the requesting organizers. Billing will occur monthly. For further information or to request these services please contact:
110 Yellowstone Drive, Suite 120
Chico, CA 94973
- Manage registration, including entering student information; funds processing; sending confirmation letters; forwarding checks to the treasurer; and preparing attendee, committee, and speaker badges and receipts.
- Serve as the overall program information center.
- Manage exhibitor registration, including entering exhibitor information; recording and tracking payment; sending confirmation letters; forwarding checks to the treasurer; and preparing exhibitor badges and receipts.
- If appropriate, print and mail program attendee list to all participating exhibitors.
Attendee and Exhibitor Onsite Registration
- Provide staff member(s) to check on arrangements and handle on-site for the entire conference day.
- Prepare a printed list and/or disk of the program attendees for incorporation into the group's mailing list.
- Work with program committee to prepare an estimated budget to be presented to the conference organizers.
- Prepare a balance sheet of income versus expenses to be presented to the conference organizers.
Site Selection and Negotiation Services
- Obtain a list of suitable program sites (hotel, convention center, auditorium, etc.) that can accommodate the meeting, lunch, and equipment exhibition if applicable.
- Work with program committee to select the most appropriate site and negotiate the site selection contract.
Food and Beverage/Audio Visual Services
- Make arrangements at the selected site for morning and afternoon breaks, lunches, receptions, and audio visual equipment and negotiate the food and beverage/audio visual contracts.
- Make speakers and program committee lunch or dinner arrangements.
- Work with program committee to provide marketing strategy and guidance.
- Draft and distribute a news release about the program to appropriate technical and trade publications (if time permits).
Brochure Production and Mail Management
- Prepare program flier(s) (call for papers, preliminary or final program, etc.) including drafting of copy from program committee input and managing program committee review cycles and approvals.
- Investigate and arrange for outreach mailing lists from other sources pertinent to the program.
- Work with the program committee to create and mail an exhibitor invitation to potential exhibitors.
- Assist program committee by sending speaker invitations/acknowledgments and following up on speakers' commitments as needed.
- Manage abstract submission process including database tracking and sending paper acceptance or rejection letters.
- Handle abstract or program booklet production (including designing the cover, the program schedule pages, and following up with speakers to get "supplied" abstract pages) and arranging for printing and binding of the abstract booklet.
- Assist with printing and selling arrangements for program proceedings as needed.
- Arrange travel and housing reservations for invited speakers and committee members.